The Covid-19 Pandemic
We are Open 24/7:
We are here for you:
Please feel free to reach out to us during these unprecedented times. We know you may need to talk. We know you may have questions. We have answers.
Simply call our toll-free number anytime: 1.800.660.7564.
- We can schedule telephone conferences.
- We can schedule Virtual Meetings with you.
Or, you can email us at: email@example.com.
Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Be Kind. Be Healthy. Be Safe.
Taking Care of Your Family: Simple - Seamless - Automatic
Family Bloodline Planning:
Attend one of our free workshops and learn how to:
- Protect your Child's inheritance from their lawsuits & bankruptcies
- Guarantee your assets flow from your Children to your Grandchildren
- Guarantee a quick and easy transition of assets to your Children & Grandchildren
- Eliminate hassles and problems for your loved ones: make it simple & seamless
Nursing Home Protection Planning:
Attend one of our free workshops and learn how to:
- Structure everything without giving it all away
- Retain 100% control of money management and who gets what
- Protect every asset
- Eliminate Medicaid Recovery after death
- for Single Individuals & Married Couples
- Traditional or Blended Families
- Advanced Planning for Blended Families to retain assets in respective bloodlines
- both Will and Trust planning
- all ancillary Health Care Documents & Powers of Attorney
- Emergency Health Care 3 Minute Access to HIPAA, Health Care Surrogate Designation, & Living Will (e.g., all health care documents faxed directly into emergency room within 3 minutes in the event of a medical emergency)
Attend our Workshop and learn how to design:
- 100% protection of Children's Inheritances from their Divorces, Lawsuits, etc.
- 100% alignment of all assets to avoid probate - we do everything to re-title and properly beneficiary-designate all assets to protect the family
- optional yearly Family Care Program™ to maintain proper asset alignment and balancing of trust funded assets, lifetime free updates and changes to plan documents due to law changes or family changes, PLUS lifetime free access to law firm for future questions (all phone calls and emails and in-person meetings are free), PLUS discounted trust administration
- Private Client Portal to view documents, receive encrypted communications, and view progress of estate plan implementation timelines - all with bank-level security encryption
- Free Family Workshops for children grandchildren, etc. to learn about your estate plan and how it will be administered
- Private Family Annual Webinars with children, friends, family to keep everyone updated on new plan developments
- Private Professional Advisor Annual Webinars with your financial advisors, accountants, trustees to keep all of your professional advisors up-to-date to maintain total coordination of everything
- Annual Client Family Reunion Banquet to celebrate your family, your plan and their future - plus educational update: "What's Happened Since Last Year"
Advanced Elder Law Planning
Attend one of our Long Term Care Planning workshops and learn how to do:
- Proactive Pre-Planning to protect 100% of everything - never worry about future nursing home asset seizure
- Crisis Nursing Home Medicaid qualification
- Prevention of Estate Recovery by Medicaid after Death
- Advanced Family Protection Trust™ to avoid of loss of capital gains step-up-in basis for inheriting children and grandchildren
- Advanced Pour-Back trusts to protect healthy spouses at home
- Advanced Parental Protection Trusts™ to permit parents to remain in their home and avoid nursing home placement
- Advanced Personal Asset Trusts™ to protect children and grandchildren from losing their inheritance to divorces, lawsuits & Medicaid estate recovery
- Private Client Portals to login and review progress with Medicaid filing - with live chat function to answer questions immediately
- Private Nursing Home Administration Portals for nursing home and care professionals to review status of pending cases and applications - with live chat function to answer questions immediately
Probate & Trust Administration
- Streamlined administration of Probate Estates to limit cost & time delays
- Orderly distribution of trust & estate assets into asset protected trusts for children and grandchildren
- Preservation of capital gains step-up-in-basis to eliminate capital gains taxes on sale of assets by inheriting beneficiaries
- Weekly Update Letter Reports to Trustees and Beneficiaries to keep everyone continuously informed as to the progress of the estate administration
- Monthly Private Live Webinars for all Trustees and Beneficiaries to review progress, outline next steps, and answer questions
- Private Client Family Listserves - these are email "groups" to which we post periodic email messages as to documents filed, case progression, etc. It is also a means for a trustee, a personal representative or a beneficiary to ask questions of the attorney and to share those questions with the group members of the Listserve.
- Private Client Administration Portals to login and review progress of estate administration, view pleadings, orders & other court filings, view timelines and upcoming filings and distribution schedule
- Private Beneficiary Portals to login and review progress of estate administration, view timelines and distribution schedule
Neil is President of the firm. A past featured speaker at the annual Broward County Financial Planning Association’s Annual Convention, he serves as an instructor for the College of Financial Planning (Denver, CO) teaching Estate Planning to financial professionals seeking to maintain the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. (NOTE: CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.)
Neil is also a contributing author to three books: "Strictly Business" - Planning Strategies for Privately Owned Businesses; "Giving" - Philanthropy for Everyone; and "Love, Money, Control" - Reinventing Estate Planning. He also servers as a guest lecturer on personal estate and business planning throughout the country. Neil has developed 21 estate planning courses created for CPAs, accountants and financial advisors for purposes of educating client's other advisors in modern estate and elder law planning techniques.
Neil is married, and he and his wife, Phyllis, recently celebrated their 48th wedding anniversary. They have two children, Christopher and Jonathan. Christopher played professional golf has been working in the firm for 10 years as Neil's business manager and will be attending law school beginning in 2018. He will join the firm as a partner upon graduation. Jonathan is a music video editor and director and lives and works in Los Angeles, California where he has worked directly with most major singers, bands and other performers editing music videos, concerts, promotional videos, and commercials.
- Admitted Attorney: Florida; U.S. Tax Court
- Member, WealthCounsel, LLC
- Member, ElderCounsel, LLC
- Member, NAELA: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Trusts & Probate Committee, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Clearwater Bar Association
- Member, Manatee County Bar Association
- Member, Sarasota County Bar Association
- Member, Lee County Bar Association
- Member, Collier County Bar Association
- Member, Adjunct Faculty, College of Financial Planning
- Member, Adjunct Faculty, Florida Board of Accountancy
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES for CPAs & FINANCIAL ADVISORS:
- Beginning Estate Planning
- Intermediate Estate Planning
- Advanced Estate Planning
- The Truth About Estate Planning
- The Truth About Long-Term Care Planning
- 419a Welfare Benefit Plans
- Family Limited Partnerships
- SOLE-K Planning
- Unauthorized Insurance Entities
- Planning 101: Opportunities in Estate Planning
- Planning 102: IRA Boot Camp
- Planning 103: IRA Inheritance Trusts
- Planning 201: Plan Design Enhancements
- Planning 202: Showing Your Clients How to Avoid Disasters in Estate Planning
- Planning 221: Life Insurance Necessities in Estate Planning
- Planning 231: Annuities and Medicaid Planning
- Planning 301: Asset Protection Planning; Planning for Special Needs Children; GST Basics; and Using International Life Insurance
- Planning 401: Integration of FLPs, GRATs & IDITs
- Planning 402: Charitable Remainder Trusts & Charitable Lead Trusts
- Planning 403: Advanced Issue Spotting
- Planning 404: Incentive Stock Options
311 Park Place Boulevard, Suite 180
Clearwater, FL 33759
Appointments also available at:
9040 Town Center Parkway
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
12597 New Brittany Blvd., Bldg. 20
Fort Myers, FL 33907
1415 Panther Lane
Naples, FL 34109
The Key toPERFECT PLANNING:"Asset Alignment"
- at one time & one time only -
What's the secret? What's the key? What must I do to have a good estate plan? Could I make it even better? Could I make it PERFECT?
There is only one "Key" to a perfect plan in our opinion: having everything in place and ready when the plan is implemented - and your plan is not implemented today.
There are only two times your plan gets implemented: at disability or at death. And if 100% of your assets are not "aligned" properly at those times, then there is a really good chance your plan won't work.
And having a Will or even a "state-of-the-art" Trust has nothing to do with asset alignment.
What is ASSET ALIGNMENT?
Asset Alignment has two (2) components: (1) going WHERE you want it to go; and (2) going IN THE WAY you want it to go.
- going WHERE you want it to go is not as easy as just naming a beneficiary to inherit a particular asset. What if you beneficiary-designate your IRA to your Spouse? Then you die. Then your surviving spouse inherits your IRA. Then your surviving spouse gets re-married and then your surviving spouse dies next - who gets your IRA? Your replacement?
- going IN THE WAY you want it to go is also not as easy as just naming a beneficiary to inherit a particular asset. What if you name a Child to ultimately inherit all or a portion of your assets? Then you die. Then your Child inherits those assets in their name. But, let's say they've already been divorced - or get divorced in the future: do you think that past or future ex-spouse of your Child could possibly get your assets - instead of your Child and then your Grandchildren?
So, what's the problem with Asset Alignment? It's simple: your assets are rarely properly aligned when it matters. When does it matter? When the time comes. When is that? When you become disabled or die.
So, let's say you've done a good job of estate planning so far. Most clients prepare estate plans to take care of their families. And that's probably your motivation also: you want to take care of your loved ones with the least amount of hassle for them and for as little money as possible when the time comes. Again, when does the time come? When you become disabled or you die.
So, you want an estate plan today that will take care of your family in the future. Right? Of course that's what you want. Next Question: when will that happen?
Don't you know when you are going to die? Of course you don't. But you want your estate plan to "work" at that time in the future, right? Whenever that is.
So what you want from your estate planning attorney is an estate plan created today that will take care of your family at sometime in the future. There's only one problem: there are 5 things you will never know: 1) You don't know when you are going to die; and 2) You don't know what the laws will be at that time; and 3) You don't know what assets you will own when you die; and 4) You don't know what your family situation will be at that time; and 5) You don't know what's going to be important to you when you die at some time in the future.
This is why most estate plans never work. You've created an estate plan today and when the time comes, everything has changed!
There is a better way.
All Workshops are Free
"The Truth About Estate & Long Term Care Planning"
- Why Your Plan Probably Won't Work
- How to Protect 100% of Everything Without Giving it All Away!
SPECIALTY WORKSHOPS FOR OUR CLIENTS:
1. "What to Do When Something Happens"
- A Step-by-Step Guide of What Your Loved Ones Need to Do
2. "How to Plan for Your IRA or Qualified Plan"
- Why You NEVER Name Your Spouse as the Primary Beneficiary
3. "Blended Families"
- How to Create a Plan that Makes Everyone Happy
4. "Digital Assets, Accounts & Passwords"
- How to How to Organize & Protect Your Online Accounts, Passwords, etc. from Fraud & Exploitation
Quick - Clicks
Covert | Law
Covert | Law
Your Plan. Your Family. Their Future.
- - We Take Care of Families: Today - Tomorrow - Forever - -
NEIL R. COVERT, Attorney at Law
Clearwater - Sarasota - Fort Myers - Naples
© 2019 Neil R. Covert, P.A. - - All Rights Reserved.